Return to Business Contact & Careers
Lanzo Corporation, a 50-year-old heavy civil construction company is seeking a new
team member as Lead Estimator to work on the design and development of both negotiated
and competitive bid projects within our core sectors of local Governments around the US.
This position will work closely with engineers, owners, suppliers and Subcontractors.
Candidates should be detail oriented and must demonstrate a willingness to learn new
technologies, skills, and procedures. Engineering degree is a plus but not required.
Assist the Company in securing projects commensurate with the area of expertise and services.
provided by the Company. To provide accurate, thorough and timely cost estimates
on a when and as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities included but not limited to:
Skills & Qualifications desired:
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for a stipulated price Identifying and Tracking Project Opportunities
- Identifying and Tracking Project Opportunities
- Prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific scopes of work and comprehensive bid packages
- Lead the preparation and presentation of cost budget information to the client/owner
- Provide clear detailed quantity take-offs and cost estimates through all stages of design
- Organize subcontractors' quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders
- Reconcile supplier/subcontractor pricing information with historical data
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors, project managers and clients
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing
- Meeting with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services. Reviewing sites and gathering information for estimates for work on existing facilities
- Responsible for a smooth transition from Estimation Department to Project Management team
- Archiving Historical Data
- Emergency Repair Contracts; Estimate and Prepare Bid Documents
- Estimating: 10 years (Required)
- Construction Estimating: 10 years (Required)
- Previous experience in estimating large projects
- Experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates
- Experience in writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction costs
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow up skills
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Exercises judgment and uses sound principals to make decisions
- Effective participation in a team environment
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook, Heavy Job, Heavy Bid preferred.
- Must have ability to be hands on as well as strategic.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization.
This fulltime position offers competitive benefits and compensation package.
Salary: $75,000 to $120,000 annual
If you meet the above, please forward a detailed resume and a cover letter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employers.
or fill out an Online Employment Application.